This is the most important moment to fight back against voter suppression in Texas.
There are four things you can do RIGHT NOW to join us in this fight:
1. Sign up to join us at an event near you
We’re hitting the road to bring the fight for voting rights and democracy to every Texas town. RSVP for one of our scheduled stops. If you don’t see your city, don’t worry, we’ll add new stops soon!
2. Urge President Biden to do everything in his power to support this fight
We’re doing all we can in Texas to protect our democracy, but we need federal support. Right now, the U.S. Congress has the chance to pass a critical piece of voting rights legislation called the For the People Act, which would expand voting rights and end voter suppression in Texas and across the country. Click here to contact the White House and urge President Biden to support the For the People Act.
3. Become a Volunteer Deputy Registrar to help Democrats win elections in Texas
Democrats are fighting tooth and nail right now to protect our right to vote. We need your help to elect more Democrats and flip Texas blue in 2022. By becoming a Volunteer Deputy Registrar (VDR) and registering as many voters as we can, we can all do our part to protect Texas democracy.
Follow these steps to become a VDR:
- Look for your county name here, and follow instructions to sign up and attend your training.
- If you don’t see your county on your list, don’t worry! You can still attend an upcoming virtual training with us (sign up for that here).
- Attend and complete your training, and receive your VDR certificate.
4. Sign up with Powered by People to work on winning Texas
Click here to become a Powered by People volunteer. We can only win this fight with the power of people like you. THANK YOU!