Over the course of this year Powered by People’s volunteers and supporters like you are responsible for the following:
- We made over 76 million contact attempts to Texas voters (57.8 million texts and 18.3 million calls);
We helped register nearly 200,000 likely-Democrat Texas voters;
- During the beginning of the pandemic, before the CARES Act was passed by Congress, we filled over 17,000 food bank shift hours across Texas;
- We brought in more than 10,000 volunteers to call, text or knock on the doors of Texas voters;
- We helped raise $2,034,165 for Democratic candidates and organizers in Texas (in addition to what we raised to run Powered by People);
- And this one doesn’t have a measurable number to it, but I know it to be true: we gave it our best and we gave it our all.
I am overcome by my deep gratitude to you. I can’t tell you how inspired I am by all who contributed to the work, knowing the sacrifice entailed and the willing suspension of cynicism and fatigue that is required to believe in Texas. It leaves me feeling hopeful still, and only strengthens my dedication to Texas, to this team and to the work of helping this state fulfill its potential and promise. I hope to once again have the chance to do that work with you.
With love and gratitude,